Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Sweet Dreams!

Good night and sweet dreams... a very common phrase. When someone wishes me that, I politely decline, "No, thank you!"

Contrary to popular belief, sweet dreams do not give me a good night's sleep. Be it a nightmare or a sweet dream, it is very taxing on the mind to live in it. We are already stretching our brain tissues when we are awake with every single thing we do, every single breath we take, every single thought we make. At the end of each day, we need to rest our bodies and minds so that we can start the next day afresh. So if I dream, my mind does not get the rest it needs.

So if you were to wish me "Good night and sweet dreams", it is like you are wishing me "Good night but I hope you DO NOT get a good night's sleep!". I wish you "Good night and NO dreams!"

No comments: