Saturday, May 27, 2006

The Big May 2006! What a bang!

Boring day today... as usual there are tonnes of work but I'm not in the mood for work... Mel & Penny's gone home for their sister's wedding. I'll be at the luncheon tomorrow. So I'm all alone in the office...

Got a call from an old friend yesterday "Add-Ice", telling me there's gonna be a gathering of Form Six class of 92/93 (I think... I can't even remember... yikes!). I couldn't confirm with her since I was not keen, very skeptical and hesitant. I have kinda disappeared from this bunch for quite some time now; thereafter maintaining a low profile... until, as fate would have it, one of them managed to get my phone number. So I'm still deliberating and the question is ..."To go OR not to go". Well enough of my crappy moments...

May is drawing to a close... it was to me a big month for entertainment. We saw the release of a few hot, long-awaited movies; in particular X-Men III: The Last Stand, The Da Vinci Code, Poseidon and Mission: Impossible III. I was a little disappointed with the Da Vinci Code though; the book was much more pulsating to read than watching the movie itself and there were many things that were left out of the movie. I can't really blame Ron Howard for that, can I? After all, how much from one book can you squeeze into 2 and a half hours? Even so, it was a good effort and I'm glad it was adapted for the big screen.

X-Men III was spectacular... I liked the twist but sad to say this really is the Last Stand... no more sequel (sigh!) and I was beginning to anticipate more to come. If you have yet to catch it... my advise to you is go and catch it now... the must-see movie of May 2006!

As for the Poseidon and MI3, well all I can say is they will keep you on your toes in the cinema; good watch but not as good as X-Men III.

Over on the Idiot-box, The Amazing Race 9, Charmed, Desperate Housewives Season 2 and not forgetting American Idol 5 came to a big-bang close. The Amazing Race saw the Hippies BJ and Tyler triumphing over the dominant Frat boys Eric and Jeremy to win the million dollars and claim the winners' title for this season. The Frat boys looked almost certain to win this one but as fate would have it, they just did not have a good memory and more likely, just ran out of luck!

After 8 seasons, Charmed finally ended with the episode Forever Charmed shown in the US on May 21st, 2006 in which the witches were all locked in the greatest battle of all time; one which could potentially kill the embattled witches. But as we all know, what good would a series be if it is without a happy ending... so to cut the chase short; Charmed Ones & the Jenkins sisters both summon the Hollow at the same time; cataclysmic explosion destroys the Halliwell Manor and kills Phoebe, Paige and Christy; Piper and Billie find their own ways to change the past. Piper enlists Coop's help to travel into the past where she manages to get Patty and Grams to help. They "changed the past to fix the future and save the present". All's well ends well. Phoebe eventually marries Coop and have 3 girls. Paige has twin girls and a boy. And Piper gets another girl in addition to Wyatt and Chris.


American Idol 5 Finale drew a whopping 63 million votes and Ryan Seacrest claims that it is more votes than any US President has ever received... that was astounding! To read more, click on the following links:

  • American Idol 5: The Finale finally!
  • Taylor Hicks is the American Idol 2006


  • As for Desperate Housewives, it was shown in the US as a 2-hour season finale entitled "Remember" on May 21st, 2006. Flashbacks take us back to moving-in day on Wisteria Lane for Bree, Lynette, Susan and Gabrielle and to how Mary Alice brought them all together; in other flashbacks the Applewhites' dark past in Chicago is revealed. Back in the present, Bree gets some frightening news that Mathew is a murderer and both he and Danielle are together. Susan moves into a trailer. Lynette faces a crisis in her marriage, after finding out that Tom has another child. Gabrielle learns that Carlos had an affair with Xiao-Mei. Zach inherits large estate money from his grandfather Noah, who has passed away. I have yet to watch it but will do so in a couple of hours time once my shareware has completed its downloading.

    There! May 2006... one of the more happening months this year!

    No comments: