Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The Amazing Race... and everything in between!

I can't help it... I'm going crazy... Everytime I watch the Amazing Race 9 (and the re-runs), I keep wondering if I'd be called up for the preliminaries for the Amazing Race Asia. I have been a big fan of the race ever since the first where Rob and Brennan won... never missed a single episode. Each time I watch, I would be like "I could have done better..."; "Oh my God! They don't deserve to be in the race..." and so on and so forth. I always wished I could be part of the race... and not a moment too soon.

I'm glad to say, my partner and I have submitted our application... but God, we had to fill up quite a lot... and some of those questions posed were rather weird! These are some of the question that were posed and our (me and my partner Li-Ann) answers!

What is the worst experience you have had with your teammate? Why?
Li-Ann: Getting him to keep still and be quiet in class when the teachers have their meetings..
Hanson: None as yet.. maybe if we get to do the Amazing Race I may eventually get a bad experience with her but I’ll take it all in my stride.. this is what life is all about.

What time(s) together with your teammate are/have been the most memorable? Why?
Li-Ann: When we were kids. Since I’m older, I got to bully him. (Hanson's comment on that: Yea! Right! as if...)
Hanson: Auditioning for Fear Factor in a shopping complex. I had to piggy-back her and walk blindfolded across a path with mousetraps. We did not even make it past the first round but it was memorable because it was then that I truly found someone who shares the same crazy passion to participate in reality shows and hopefully one day, win it.

What famous person reminds you of yourself?
Li-Ann: Cruella de Vil
Hanson: Dennis Rodman

What famous person reminds you of your teammate?
Li-Ann: Leo Madrigal (Filipino actor) [Hanson's comment: Huh? Who?]
Hanson: Erin Brockovich

How are you and your teammate most different?
Li-Ann: I am outgoing but I prefer to have plenty of time to be with myself whereas, he’s pretty much a party animal.
Hanson: She likes diving and has spent an enormous sum in that... I’m more of a budget and thrifty individual and I won’t splurge even if I’m passionate. I like to do things that don’t cost a lot... for me, anything free is good!

Well! Not sure if we are going to make the cut. But Li-Ann, thank you for sparing me public revelations of some of my most embarassing past. Keep your finger's crossed.

No comments: