Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Go Your Own Way

If you have been listening to Mix fm, recently there was this advert in support of the detractors of "illegal downloading".

I mean excuse me! Ever since when did downloading became illegal. By the way, 'downloading' is also NOT the correct term to use. We should aptly call it 'peer-to-peer sharing'. It's not like we stole from someone or anything.

If I buy something, a CD for example... dun I got the right to share it with my frens, vice-versa? That is my perogative. Even if I share with people all over the World, it is not the recording industry's OR anyone else's GOD-damned business.

All you f**king P2P detractors, if u think u can threaten us with 'eventually no one is gonna record', let me tell we ain't that stupid. The recording business is still big business with or without P2P sharing. It's not like they do not earn enough from the music biz. We, the ordinary everyday people, are the ones who can hardly make ends meet... and u expect us to pay for all the celebrities' lavish dinners, expensive clothes... the whole high-class lifestyle? Guess again! News flash: Any singers, actors OR celebs who wish to quit... you may do so anytime! Why? Coz someone will always fill your shoes eventually... I can bet my head on that!

I support P2P sharing... Sue me!




The title of this rant is a reference to the hit song originally recorded by Fleetwood Mac in 1977 from the album 'Rumours' and re-recorded by the female-trio Wilson Phillips in 2004 from the album 'California'.

No comments: