Tuesday, February 06, 2007

'tis the season to be jolly...

...NOT! (kinda reminds me of Borat trying to learn the "NOT" jokes...lol!)

omg... the CNY will be here in 2 weeks time. This is the most dreaded part of the entire 365 days for me...

I love festivities but not this one...

1st, I usually get a migraine during this time... the constant clingings and clangings and the music that they play all day all night is simply annoying. 30 minutes, fine! 1 hour, fine! But it just goes on and on and on... like for eternity... I'd rather be in Tanjung Rambutan... at least it is much more serene over there!

2nd, I'm sure we all have our nosy relatives... Trust me the number of relatives I have is simply humongous... and boy can u imagine the amount of questions and queries that get shot out of those gaps; sometimes I wish they would just drop it!... Then, everyone trying to look superior than everyone else... geez, it is the same thing year after year... dun anybody else get tired of it?

3rd... long drive home, alone! I get sleepy and cranky! And most of the time I'm not on the lookout for the car ahead or the car behind or the car beside me... I'm trying to avoid those nasty pigs in black & white... or at least appear not to be in the "Tokyo Express".

4th... do I really need to go on further?

So... cutting the crap... I still love the festivities where they go 'fa la la la la, la la la la...'




The title 'tis the season to be jolly is taken from the lyrics of the secular Christmas carol "Deck The Hall". This song has been reworked by many artistes and is usually included in a Christmas release; the most recent and moderately successful was the 1999 version entitled "Deck The Halls" by the American country music trio SHeDAISY. That song peaked at no. 61 on the Billboard Hot 100 and no. 37 on the Country Charts and is featured in the trio's 2000 album "Brand New Year".

2 comments:

blossoms_stoned said...

Yep... tis not my fave season too, but not having to go to work's not too bad though. I'll be on leave starting next friday till the next next Monday.

UnniSecra said...

hanson...chinese new year greetings. Just bear it, before u know it, it ll be over soon.